Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sudden Inspiration

Oh my goodness, this is to die for!


This is the solution to my floral woes!

This was like a lightbulb being turned on. I knew immediately that I wanted to do it when I saw this at work at around 3ish, bought ribbon when I got off work, and a few hours later had 3 ribbon flowers on my living room floor (my sister helped me...a lot!) I think the key is to hit when the motivation strikes!

I attempted this with the widest ribbon I could find at Hobby Lobby as well as some vintage buttons courtesy of my MeeMaw. They turned out! I will be posting tutorials, probably with my sister's camera because every picture I took of me doing this kept turning out overexposed-I even turned the flash off and it still did. Any suggestions from the camera savvy gals out there? I need to hit up some St Louis craft stores, Cape's ribbon selection was dire.

I am going to make 5 bouquets out of these, and I think I can keep costs down by using vintage materials from thrift stores and on-sale ribbon. Plus, my labor is cheap. I'm still in shock this was as successful as it was! I also found some red and aqua Martha Stewart ribbon at Big Lots...if you have one in your area, go, they have a ton of Martha wedding and craft stuff for dirt cheap. The 9 foot rolls of ribbon were $1, and the quality is high. Also I went over to my grandma's last night and she was kind enough to donate some pretty fabric to the cause.

By the way, these are via the lovely and talented Stephanie at Love&Lace. Her blog is amazing. Can you believe she made that bouquet--from scratch--using a set of instructions without pictures. And she says she's not crafty!

Did inspiration ever strike out of the blue?

2 comments:

  1. I love the fact that you're pulling in ribbons and other bits and pieces from so many sources to make this...truly a labor of love. Can't wait to see some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo cool! I can see why it inspired you!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you all makes my day!