Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Late Night Snack, Anyone?

I love the late night snack trend I've seen in some weddings lately.

Source

This is exactly what I had in mind-milk and cookies! The only thing holding me back from doing this was my total inability to make cookies come out right. I just don't have the right touch with them, I guess. A weekend or so ago, I made a batch of peanut butter cookies and a batch of chocolate chip cookies that actually turned out, even in my iffy-at-best oven. I'm thinking, start baking every weekend in April and freeze the cookies, and by July 24th, I'll have plenty for the late night snack! I'm not sure how difficult the milk would be to procure. I found the recipes for the cookies over at Allrecipes. You'll find the chocolate chip recipe here and the peanut butter recipe here.

This is a DIY project I am confident about! I'll have plenty of time, so if something goes wrong all is well, and I can work ahead, which is huge. I had kind of ix-nayed the late night snack idea because I figured it would be too expensive, but this wouldn't be a big investment at all.

Are you doing a late night snack, or are you baking anything for you wedding?

2 comments:

  1. I am thinking about doing sort of a dessert buffet, so I am considering cookie-baking as well! I find that the recipe on the back of the nestle tollhouse chocolate chip bags are THE best. I also find that the pizza/baking stones (you get them from pampered chef or stores like williams sonoma probably too) make the cookies come out AWESOME despite my P.O.S. oven that burns everyone that's on a normal pan.

    You might want to be careful with PB ones unless you KNOW that no guests of yours or THEIR guests has a peanut allergy. If you do just make sure you do the CC first then handle/freeze etc the PB ones separately. We have a guest of a guest (cousin's gf) who has an allergy so we cut out the choc PB cupcakes, etc.
    -Miss Pug

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are asking all the grandmas to share a cookie recipe and then whipping them up with the all the family before the wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you all makes my day!