Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

I just can't stop....

...spending money.

Money goes through my fingers like water.

I don't balance my checkbook (online banking does it for you! Right?), I have no clue what my credit score is, and I have no idea where the h*ll all my money goes every month.

I have been sooo stressed about money lately, what with saving for the wedding and finally being a self-sufficient adult, that I knew I needed to do something, but I didn't know what.
Source

I signed up for Mint today. You input all of your accounts (don't worry, it's 100% secure) and they put together these incredible charts and graphs for you. After I input my checking account, Mint informed me just how much money I spend dining out in July. Ouch. It takes a bit to set up, and I'm still tweaking my account to make sure that the graphs are as accurate as can be (for example, making sure I mark which "Food and Dining" purchases are groceries and which ones are eating out), but I feel much more in control of my finances already.

Oddly enough, gas station purchases are automatically dubbed "Food and Dining." Isn't that strange? All I did to change them was to double click on the particular transaction, select "Auto" and then select "Gas/Fuel." It's so easy and user friendly!

You can manage every account you have from Mint. You can even set budgets up, and when you exceed your "Clothes" budget for the month, it tells you.

Mint just informed me that I spent and absolutely obscene amount of money at Wal Mart in the past six months!

I forsee great things happening with Mint. I am very goal oriented, so keeping the bars in the graph down under "Clothes" will keep me focused.

What do you do to not blow all of your paycheck in one day like I have been known to do in the past?

1 comment:

  1. According to "Mia's running bud,"

    Hey, a girl's gotta eat.

    Sometimes you scrimp and save for the future and lose sight of the present.

    After all, you can't take it with you lol!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you all makes my day!