Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

I just finished reading...

Source

East of Eden, by John Steinbeck. It's always been my favorite Steinbeck book, but I hadn't read it in years, so I picked it up again. Its not a book I read quickly, I read it in little sips. I read a chapter or so every couple days, and I read it when cross training on the elliptical. I am a nerd for Biblical scholarship, so the Cain and Abel parallel makes my heart sing. I'm a simpleton when it comes to literature, so the philospohical bits at the beginning of some of the chapters were kinda boring, but the storyline of this book is SO good. I love a good story.

I've been reading so much less since starting my new job! I need to hit the library up for some new books tomorrow.

What have you read lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you all makes my day!