Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Losing Steam

My give-a-d*mn is just about busted.

I just don't really care about some of this wedding stuff anymore. Overlays for the reception? Someone else can tell me what they need to be. I'll sew them, but I could care less what they look like. I started googling for DJ's a few days ago, and the first 10 websites I looked at required you to fill out a lengthy form just to request a price. Um, no, I'm not going to give you all of my information that you will then sell just to people that will inevitably annoy me to find out that your DJ services are exorbitantly expensive. Put the price on your freaking website, don't make me do all this crap just to get it. I'm not too far from slapping a DJ ad up on Craig's List and calling it a day.

I'm just so sick of having to decide all this crap...I think I just like instant gratification, and when I don't get it, I'm over it. My bouquets are going strong, and I think I'm not sick of those because I can sit there and see the sewn flowers piling up, which is enormously satisfying to a goal-oriented person like myself.

Ugh. Anyone else kind of burnt out? By kind of I mean a lot...and we still have 7 months to go. Good thing so much was done early, because I need a break from wedding planning. I really appreciate our longish engagement because I've had the time to do lots of labor intensive projects, like my bouquets, but I certainly see the appeal in a 6 month engagement.

I need to get myself excited about writing our ceremony, because that is stress #1 right now.

Happy news though! I just called the bridal salon, and my dress ships from the factory January 6th! That means the store will get the dress in in mid-January. I've almost forgotten what it looks like, so here's a refresher:




I have been totally panicking about this lately...the dreaded 2nd thoughts about the dress that I thought I'd be immune from. I am terrified I won't love it. They special ordered it for me in this gorgeous, thick, rich, luminous ivory satin, which is why it's taking so long ( ordered it in September). I've also completely convinced myself that it won't fit. I just want it to come in, so I can try it on and fall in love with it all over again.

Anyone else kind of burnt out? Maybe the past 2 months of rainy weather are getting me down.... Anyone else have stress before their dress came in?

16 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I felt the same way, just be up front and honest and tell me your price and then I don't have to through all of this crap to figure it all out! :)

    Keep your chin up and stay focused on the fact that you look AMAZING in your dress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate, especially right now at the end of the semester - I just don't care about anything!

    You look absolutely amazing in your dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, your dress looks absolutely amazing on you! And stressed? Just a teeny bit.. I haven't even gone shopping for a dress yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, DUH that dress rocks. I had the same fears and ended up falling MORE in love.

    Although I will say I am sad I don't get to plan reception details anymore... maybe I can just plan yours for you? LOL!

    -kjpugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I HATE how DJs do that. I've found calling just works best (I know, what a novel idea.) And then you can get a feel for their personality, cheese-factor, etc.

    What if you gave Ryan some duties? I gave Josh a few tasks to do (namely emailing limo companies and the rehearsal dinner place) and he got them done in no time. It was SUCH a big help and made him feel good because I praised him non-stop.

    I think it's totally OK if you take a week or two off from wedding planning. Yes, the to-do list will still be there when you return, but at least you'll get a mental break from all of it.

    And don't forget to breathe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful beautiful beautiful dress.

    I am with you. I was burnt out before we even started a blog. After we got our wedding/reception venue, we kind of took a break from serious planning, and it feels so good. We will probably need to start up again over the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dress! I’m going to my first fitting in a couple weeks, and I’m nervous, too. I hope I still love it and that it will still fit as well as it did when I picked it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely burnt out on the wedding over here too. I'm hoping the holidays will revive my spirits!

    Your dress is lovely, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time I see your dress! (where have i been?!!?) Its beautiful! And you look gorgeous in it! I love it!

    I too go through phases of not wanting to deal with the wedding. After we booked our venue we spent a lot of time not doing anything for the wedding. We designed invitations a few weeks ago and now back to doing nothing. Its a difficult balance to strike I think and at the same time, I don't want to be stressing a month or two before the wedding. Give yourself the holidays to get a breather from the wedding stuff

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate to everything you're feeling. I was having dress doubts as well even after I picked up my dress from the salon. So yesterday I went to the designer's web site and found photos of 'real brides' wearing my gown...happy to say I fell back in love with it! :) And it is definitely seasons of peaks and valleys during a long engagement/planning process. We are at 4 months now and I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed even though we have got so much done already! It's just the reality of planning an important event like this. You'll get through it...you look stunning in that gown! DJ's are in fact annoying like that. I didn't even contact most vendors unless they had some type of price range on their sites or over the phone. As far as your ceremony...I have mine written out if you want to use it as a guideline or jumping off point for a timeline or whatever. I will be blogging about it in the next month or so but e-mail me at jkr2995@aol.com if you'd like to just browse it for some ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress is gorgeous! It looks like it was made for you and I don't think you have anything to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. (Side note - good song!)

    Everyone gets burnt out at some point. I took like a two month break from planning or thinking about anything related to my wedding. I obviously continued to blog about wedding stuff (since that's what my blog is about), but I can feel your pain. As a part-time wedding planner, I've run into several brides who don't want to think about it at all - would rather someone else do the work. So don't think that just because you're a girl that you should be so wrapped up in it. You'll get it done and it'll be wonderful, because it's your wedding to your FI.

    The dress is gorgeous. Looks a lot like one that was in my Top 3!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY your dress is STUNNING! How exciting - it will be so worth the wait.

    And I TOTALLY feel you on the can't be bothered thing, and the instant gratification thing, but I need to get on it - 20 days left - Ahhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOUR DRESS IS AWESOME

    "Put your price on your site" is my motto. I hate that crap. The worst is also when they want to have a phone convo with you and you are all, please just give me your starting quote so I can know whether I can afford you or not.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad that you stopped by my blog today. I'm really enjoying discovering yours. Your dress is beautiful & u look absolutely stunning in it!

    I can totally relate to you. Had maaaajor anxiety about my dress before it came in. I had almost forgotten what it looked like and of course I had seen numerous other dresses that I thought I liked better in the months between. Thankfully it turned out that I did, in fact, love my dress after all.

    No need to stress, like I said, u look gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you all makes my day!