Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

Poems and Readings for Weddings and Civil Partnerships



I picked up Poems and Readings for Weddings and Civil Partnerships, compiled by A. Vasudevan at the public library in town last week, and I found quite a few readings that would work for the wedding ceremony in it. They had a sizable selection from the bible, as well as lots of classic poetry and readings. There was a wide range of readings in here, from sermons by the Buddha to Toni Morrison. I did feel that it really lacked a selection of contemporary readings, and all of the readings in here were serious. I wish there was stuff from kids books, or something on the humorous side. It was useful for serious, classic readings.


What readings are you using for your wedding? Where did you find them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you all makes my day!