Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I just finished reading...



It's by Frank Schaeffer, and it was hysterical. The book is about a hardcore evangelist missionary family living in Switzerland, and is from the point of view of their mischevious son who isn't totally on the Jesus wagon. The matriarch of the family, afoul-mouthed sinner, is forced to move in when she breaks a hip, and the way the family deals with her is so funny. I laughed so much when I read this. The timeline is kind of confusing, as half of the book is backstory that eventually meets up with the events of the other half of the book. I figured the timeline of it out about 1/3 through the book. It's a refreshing read, a really different storyline than you normally see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you all makes my day!