Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I don't have a date set, I have nothing booked, and I've only been engaged for and month some change, but I have already gone wedding dress shopping. It's so fun! I am so picky about what I wear that I know that this is going to be a long process, so why not start now? Let me show you what I'm thinking....

I found all of the dresses via The Knot, PS.


This is a Blue by Enzoani dress, and it retails for between $600-$1500, so I might be able to afford it. I like that there's a touch of lace, and I like that it's strapless. Ryan likes strapless the best, and I could get a cute shrug off of Etsy to wear during the ceremony.



This is a Christina Wu gown that goes for anywhere between $600-$1500 (thank you, The Knot, for giving me a price range so I know if I can afford it or not!). I love the way the fabric is wrapped (rouching?), and I love the train.



This dress is from Lazaro, and runs you at $3,000-$5,000, so it is way, way out of my price range (I'm trying to keep the dress under $1,000). I love the back of it, but the tiers of lace might be a bit much, I'm thinking.


Jim Hjelm does this gown. It is between $3,000 and $5,000, so once again, out of my price range. I love the neckline, and I adore the way the fabric ripples along the hemline. I can't quite tell if the dress is all-over lace or not, but I am not a fan of lace everywhere.



This is by Ramona Keveza, and is too pricey for me...but i love the wrapped fabric and the off the shoulder neckline.



I really like the neckline on this Augusta Jones dress, it's almost 50's-60's looking. This dress hits on the right amount of embellishment, I think.



This is by Kirstie Kelly, and I hope it's the back of the dress! I really like the deep v in the back with the chiffon flowers. I also love the way chiffon moves.



I am really attracted to a sheath shape. I tried on a poufy a-line at David's bridal, and it was just bad. I am not a big girl, coming in at a towering 5'2, and the bigger dresses really overwhelm me. I want to wear the dress, not the other way around, and all of the sheath dresses I have tried on worked well with my body. I would also like the dress to be tight on my butt, as I am not blessed up-top and would like to emphasize my assets. Heehee, no pun intended, I promise! My sister/roommate/best friend/maid of honor, Alli, and I are hoping to head to St Louis to shop up there soon, as we tried on every non-poufy dress in a 10-mile radiues of my hometown in less than 2 hours. We're also planning a trip to Springfield, MO , where I spent my first 2 years of college to shop this weekend, and we have an appointment at a bridal salon there. Shopping for the dress has been the most fun part so far.

What has been the most fun part of wedding planning for you? How long did it take you to find your dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you all makes my day!