Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

I just finished reading...


This book was SO GOOD! It reminded me a bit of "The Time Traveler's Wife" in that the main character haphazardly jumps from one time period to another, except in "Flight," there is a purpose behind it. It was a really quick read, so I think it could be done pretty easily in an hour and a half or so. The main character, Zits, is a juvenile delinquet with nothing to live for. Poised on the brink of a terrible decision, he is jerked into the body of someone else, and the story goes from there. The author, Sherman Alexie, has also written "Reservation Blues," "Indian Killer," "The Toughest Indian in the World," and "Ten Little Indians." I will definitely be checking out more of his stuff. I was kind of hesitant to pick this book up...it just didn't look like it was for me. I am so glad I read it, I highly recommend it.


Have you read anything by Mr. Alexie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you all makes my day!