Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Just One Day

I just went to a wedding with Ryan this weekend, as the coach he has been assisting all year got married. It was the first wedding we've been to since we got engaged, so we really paid attention to things that we normally wouldn't have!

The weekend was so much fun. We shared a hotel room with a friend of Ryan's and his girlfriend, and they are so easy-going and fun to be around. The weekend went by so fast, and it got me thinking....the wedding is just one day (I know, duh, right?). One day! Sure, I didn't think her centerpieces were super cute and I probably wouldn't have chosen the venue that they did....but even as a woman planning her own wedding, that stuff didn't matter to me. What mattered was what a fabulous party it was, and how much fun everyone had. What mattered was the bride getting down on the dance floor, and my man who hates to dance busting some serious moves. What mattered was how emotional the bride and her father were during the father-daughter dance, and the groom singing the words of the first song he danced to with his wife into her ear.

The whole weekend made me rethink some things. For instance, Ryan and I have been bickering about bow ties. I love them, he doesn't. I think compromising and having the ushers wear them is fair, while he thinks I am not respecting his wishes by insisting on bow ties. I wish he could just say "I love you and if you want them that badly then fine," and I'm sure he wishes I would leave his friends alone and let him pick out a damn tie! Needless to say, by the time the father-daughter dance had rolled around, I grabbed his hand, smiled and said, "If you really don't want bow ties, we don't have to have them. We're getting married and that's the most important thing." I would rather have blissfully happy faces than bow ties any day.



Source


Did you have any moments like I just did that made you reevaluate some wedding plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you all makes my day!