Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

For the Handsome Men...

I found some gorgeous bouttonnieres on Martha Stewart Weddings. I would like to make the boutonniere's ahead of time, so maybe silk flowers? That's really up in the air, but I would like to do the bouquets, corsages, and boutonniere's myself. I need to do some pricing to see if it's worth doing myself or if the flowers would be better off outsourced.

I love the simplicity of the single flower, and I love that it isn't the typical rose. Have I told you how much I adore polka dots? This couldn't be hard to put together-you cut the flower, stick a pin through it, done. I am all about simple.




I love the embroidered initial on the leaf of the boutonniere. I know how to embroider, so this would be an easy project for me.




Simple, silk flowers. Do they look a little too fake to you? Once again, it's super simple and I like it, but I'm concerend that the blooms look too artificial.


I love the use of herbs in these boutonnieres. It strikes me as masculine and unique, and it would be a subtle shout-out to Ryan's crazy cooking skills.




I'm not a big purple person, but I like the cloth leaves of these. A subtle pattern would look really nice, I think, and I could embroider the leaf with the initial's of the groomsmen.





I need to share these with Ryan so I can get a grasp on what he likes. Typing boutonniere however many times I just did has cemented it in my memory, so I now I won't have to look it up every time I need to spell it!


Are you adding any special touches to the boutonnieres for your handsome groom and groomsmen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you all makes my day!