Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Into the Forest


I was just walking my dog and my parent's dog with my sister a week or so ago when it occurred to me that the trail we were walking them on would be perfect for wedding pictures!
I've mentioned before my love of trees and tree motifs. Since the weather in my part of the world is so unpredictable, an outside wedding was just out of the question. There went my vision of standing with my man under a huge tree with chandeliers hanging from the branches.

The first bend in the trail

The trail makes you feel like you are in the deep woods. Best of all, it's all paved, only 1/2 mile long, has countless places to take pictures, and is steps away from a restroom and a parking lot. Perfect for ladies in heels! The park is only 10 minutes from the middle of town, so we wouldn't have to drive much to get there. I think pictures with the bridal party would be really gorgeous out here, and I'll get my dose of tree loveliness.


This beauty is right at the trailhead....would it be totally weird for me to bring a chandelier and hang it in this tree and then take pictures? I so want to!



So what do you all think? Am I too hung up on the tree thing? Do you think the trail would work for pictures?


PS-There is a fantastic book I read a couple weeks ago called Into the Forest by Jean Hegland. You can find it here on Amazon. It was one of the best books I have read in a long time.

1 comment:

  1. This would be a perfect place for wedding or engagement pictures! I definitely do not think that you are crazy for liking the tree motif--I love it.

    Whenever you do that chandelier picture, I'm going to need a copy of that for my mantle. <3

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you all makes my day!