Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

I just finished reading...

The Virgin's Knot, by Holly Payne.

Source

It was good. I like reading about places and people I have never read about before, and this book gave me that. The book takes place in the mountains of Turkey in a tiny Islamic village. The main character weaves rugs that have mythical qualities, according to the villagers. I don't want to give anything away, so I will stop there. The book was an enjoyable read, but my only issue with it was that the author kept allluding to a couple mysteries that were never wrapped up. Maybe they were wrapped up, but just so subtlely that I didn't pick up on them? Loose ends in books bother me. This book was worth reading, but I probably won't read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you all makes my day!