Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

Church Shopping

We found a church! Ryan and I visited Eliot Unitarian Chapel in St. Louis (Kirkwood area) a few Sundays ago. We went to their Sunday service, and I loved the service itself. Ryan wasn't offended by anything (this is saying a lot for him), and he really likes the building. I think it's gorgeous. I love the natural light towards the front of the church. The chapel was built in 1852. Here's what the inside looks like, from the balcony:





And here's the outside:





All pictures are courtesy of Eliot Unitarian Chapel. This was one of the easiest wedding decisions we've made so far. I loved the church so much that I will be going up for as many services as I can (it's a 1 1/2 hour drive from my hometown). I am so excited that Ryan and I are getting married in a church that reflects so many of our values. We're going to try to meet the minister the next time we're in St. Louis. The site fee is not too bad: $795 includes the use of the building and the minister's time. I met the music director on Sunday and she told us we were welcome to bring in whatever musicians we'd like.


Did you have a hard time finding a place to get married in that reflected the values of your fiance and yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you all makes my day!