Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wonton Ravioli

I made spinach and ricotta raviloi the weekend before last, but I deviated from the recipe so much that I'm not even going to post it! This recipe is super easy and very accomodating of variations, so don't feel like you have to stick to it 100%.

Ingredients:

Frozen spinach, thawed, drained, chopped (do not skip the draining part, or you will have some watery ravioli!)

Wonton Wrappers

Ricotta Cheese

Garlic powder

Parmesan Cheese

Sauce (I used marinara, but I'm sure a cream sauce would be good too)



Mix the ricotta (I used about 1 cup for about 20 ravioli), parmesan (to taste, I used maybe 1 tablespoon), and spinach (I used about 2 cups) in a bowl. Add garlic powder and mix.



Place about 1 teaspoon of filling on a wonton wrapper, and wrap it up. Wet edges with water or egg white to make sure the sealing sticks. (You can wrap it hundreds of different ways. Ryan made his look like little presents, and I just went for a plain triangle).



Boil ravioli for 4-5 minutes. Be sure that you don't crowd the pot or ravioli will stick together.





Draining the spinach.




Wonton wrappers! They have very little fat in them, and are very light.




Ryan's wrapped ravioli.



I drowned mine in marinara, it was really good. Ryan and I were on the hungry side, and these were not particularly filling. The next time I make them, I am going to add some seasoned and cooked ground turkey or chicken, to make it a more substantial meal.


What have you cooked lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you all makes my day!