Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Presently

When I was in 5th grade, my mom bought me a lovely aquamarine ring set in yellow gold. It fit for a couple years, but then languished in the depths of my jewelry box since it didn't fit and I didn't really wear yellow gold anymore.

Since our wedding colors are aqua and red, and I love aquamarines and this ring in particular, I've been wanting to get the ring redone for quite a while. I never got around to it, and I didn't even notice when the ring disappeared a while back. Ryan, with the help of my sister, smuggled the ring out of my house and had it dipped in a rhodium coating and re-sized. The new coating really sets of the stones, and it is so gorgeous.






I love it! It will definitely be a part of wedding-day ensemble, and I am blown away by Ryan's thoughtfulness.

Did you get any gifts lately that you are incorporating into your wedding?

13 comments:

  1. I love it!! I really want an aquamarine ring for the wedding (and just in general). It's my birthstone and I've always loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've snagged yourself one helluva guy, girlfriend! Love the ring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet and thoughtful!! And what a beautiful ring! Now you have your SOMETHING BLUE! :) Aquamarine is my birthstone and a few months ago, I hinted to the mister that it would be nice to have an aquamarine ring as my something blue. We'll see if he remembers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it. it's so beautiful!

    oh and my wedding colors were aquamarine & burgundy. love when people go with those types of combos. red & aqua will be beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super sweet gesture! The ring looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good guy! lots of bonus points for that one! it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you know that you can get wedding Insurance? There are companies that will cover your losses, if a major catastrophe should occur... Anyway, best wishes for your wedding plan.
    -BLOG 0123-

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is fantastic! Definitely could be a something old and something blue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ryan is groom of the year, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet!! I can't believe how adorable that is! And the ring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so thoughtful and GORGEOUS!!! I love it!

    -kjpugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a lovely ring, and Ryan is lovely to get it made pretty again.

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you all makes my day!