Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

New Blog Reader

Google Reader getting the ax has been all over the place, and I was not initially thrilled.  I mean, WTH Google, I'm one of your biggest fans and I love Google Reader?  I figured I'd better rip the bandaid off quickly and make the switch.

I heard some good things about Feedly, so I gave that one a shot.

I really wasn't nuts about it.  The import process was a piece of cake, and it had an Android app so I could read blogs on the go.  I had to click over to one of my favorite blogs and that was annoying, plus it tracks all of your browsing which bothers me.

So I went back to Google Reader, grudgingly, only to hear good things about Bloglovin.  I signed up and started the blog import process, and after about 2 days of tinkering around and getting comfy, I am now a much bigger fan of Bloglovin than I was of Google Reader!  I really love that you see the blog as it appears-the pretty designs and features people put on their blogs weren't stripped out, like they were in Google Reader.  But most of all, you could leave comments on people's blogs within Bloglovin itself, which is a huge improvement over Google Reader!


Have you found a new blog reader system after Google made the announcement that Reader was disappearing in July?  Which one are you digging?

4 comments:

  1. oh em gee. thank you so much. i've been using feedly and struggling to like it at all and bloglovin is AMAZING. AMAZEBALLS. you've changed my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! It took me a few days but now I'm all "why didn't I make this switch a year ago?".

      Delete
  2. oh em gee. thank you so much. i've been using feedly and struggling to like it at all and bloglovin is AMAZING. AMAZEBALLS. you've changed my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I can't wait to check out bloglovin now! I hate the comment thing - I always have to mentally remember to go back to posts I like (like this!) and leave the comment separately! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you all makes my day!