Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Quilt Show

Last weekend the Glenn House, a restored Victorian home that acts as a museum here in town, had a quilt show.  Quilt groups from around the area lend quilts to display.  I work with the lovely folks at the Glenn House through work and they were kind enough to show my MeeMaw's quilt.

This quilt is a treasure.  We lost my MeeMaw to Alzheimer's; she burned her house down leaving coffee on the stove before going out to work in her garden all day, so the fact that it survived is incredible.  She had quite a hand for applique.  



The Glenn House was packed with gorgeous quilts.  I've always loved the Dresden Plate design:


This scrappy design was another favorite:


I'm fortunate enough to have a quilt from both of my Grandma's.  Do you have any family heirlooms?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you all makes my day!