Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

1st Etsy Sale!


Last week I had my first Etsy sale!

Thursday night a very sweet woman sent me a conversation, asking if I could get a certain hanky to her by this Thursday, October 17th.  I did some quick checking on the USPS's website and found that a Priority Mail envelope would get it there in 2 days.  I set up a custom listing to cover the extra shipping, quickly scanned my Pinterest boards for a cute packaging idea (packaging is super important in Etsy world, it seems, and I know I appreciate thoughtful packaging in orders I've placed) and got it all race ready.  I used some butcher paper we had, sewed up a little "bag" and used some silvery baker's twine I had on hand.  I do need some sort of card with my shop's name on it, though...maybe a Moo Card or sticker?  What do you guys think?


Sold:  My Jane Eyre hanky!


She was kind enough to message me letting me know it had come in this weekend, so she'll have it in time for the book-themed bridal shower she's throwing her friend!

With that sale, all future sales will run in the black; that first sale covers listing fees and supplies.  

My phone made a "ca-ching" sound when the sale went through, haha, I LOVED IT!

Needless to say I'm over the moon.  I have a fresh pile of hankies I need to get listed, woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats friend!! I am so proud of you!! Don't you love the ca-ching sound?? Love the way you packaged it. And YES get business cards! Definitely!!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you all makes my day!