Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The State of Things

Making:  No sewing or crocheting projects in progress right now.  On my mind is a full high-waisted skirt in a black and white stripe, making the throw I bought fabric for in Colorado last summer and crocheting a blanket.
Cooking:  Hopefully pizza later this week!  Chicken, quinoa and snow peas last night.
Drinking:  My 4th bottle of water today.
Reading:  About to start Cuckoo's Calling.
Wanting:  Iced tea.
Looking:  Out my sunny window at the tree in this wind!
Playing: Pandora shuffle in the background.
Wasting:  Too much time on Facebook.  It is SUCH a black hole.
Wishing:  That I was running right now.
Enjoying:  Working on my sister's new house.  Picking staples out of floors and painting trim is so much fun with her.
Waiting:  To get this presentation tonight at 5:45 OVER with.
Liking:  The way the next couple of weekends are sounding.  Lots of fun is ahead.
Wondering:  If I can get as serious about eating well and exercising consistently as I want to be.
Loving:  My life.
Hoping:  That my little sister does well at her conference track meet this weekend.
Marveling:  That I get to have my life.
Needing:  A date night.  Getting dressed up, appetizer and drink.  Conversation that isn't about work.  No phones in sight.  Leisurely dessert.
Smelling:  Nothing.
Wearing:  Yellow pencil skirt, polka dot button down, nude flats.
Following:  Too many social media strategy sites.  Info overload, everyday.  If I read one more article about Facebook's "reachpocalypse" I might puke.
Noticing:  Babies and pregnant women.  Everywhere.
Knowing: Not much, haha!
Thinking:  About the presentation I am giving tonight.
Feeling:  A little restless.  But Spring does that to me.
Bookmarking:  All of the things, as usual.
Opening:  A birth announcement from some friends last night!
Giggling:  Over Harry Potter memes on Pinterest.

How about yourself?

1 comment:

  1. Was going to chime in about avoiding Facebook ( I deleted it from my phone months ago and it has totally scaled back any time even on a computer that I think about visiting the site) but then I remembered social media is part of your job...so, no help there.
    I think its so sweet that you are helping your sister with her house. Those kinds of tasks can be so boring but it's nice that it is quality time with her and you seem to enjoy it!
    Lastly - loving how you mentioned Spring makes you restless. I had never thought of it that way but as soon as I read that, I paused and thought "yes - this is me too." So true and thanks for putting it into words!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you all makes my day!