Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bicycles and Baskets


I RODE MY BIKE TO WORK TODAY!



I know, this is super obnoxious and overly self-congratulatory, and I promise I'll only be this ridiculous about biking to work just this once.  I've been watching the weather like a hawk, and this was the first day with an under 10% chance of morning and/or afternoon thunderstorms.  It's been a rainy August!  I had ridden the route 4 times from my house to the market (2 blocks from my office), I had my snacks for the day packed last night and my work outfit rolled up in my tote bag.  I left my house at 7:15 and got to work at 7:50, so it was a solid 35 minutes of moderate pedaling.  I hadn't factored in school traffic, so I'll be editing my route a bit.  

It took me about 5 minutes to clean up.  I freshened up my hair (yesterday's 'do) with some dry shampoo, wiped down my armpits with a wet cloth and re-applied deoderant and changed into the work clothes I brought and was good to go.  My face was the color of my shirt for a few minutes:



5 minutes after freshening up, I was fresh as a daisy and all cooled off.  Though I can see how if the weather wasn't so gorgeous and unseasonably cool this would be a different story.

I was very happy with myself for thinking to pack some watermelon to eat at my desk this morning, since I didn't have time to eat it after my eggs.


I will have to BUST IT to get home by 5:30 for the cable guy-hopefully no school traffic will gain me a few minutes!

Still bringing little bits and pieces of bike-crazy Boulder, Colorado to Missouri!  Speaking of Boulder I have the last of our Boulder trip post for later on this week.  How's the weather where you are?  It's so pretty here that it's kind of insane....I'm a little nervous as to what winter will look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you all makes my day!