Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Engagement Ring Insurance

Ryan and I just got my ring insured.
I know, I know, we should have done it a long time ago...we've been engaged since April 20th, and we just now did it.
My wise dad told me to go to State Farm, where he gets all of his insurance from. Ryan and I thought we had to insure the ring on a homeowner's policy, but when I called State Farm, she said that the best way to do it is to get a personal article policy. The personal article policy is a stand alone policy, and has no deductible. It covers any damage, loss, or theft of my ring, and was a mere $30. Oh yes, $30. All we had to bring was the appraisal. We can also add the wedding bands onto the same policy.



Gratuitous Ring Shot



I feel better now that I know everything is taken care of, ring wise. I had never seen the appraisal before--I had no idea that Ryan had picked such a high quality stone. It is completely colorless, and is very well cut. Ryan got really into the different clarities and grades throughout the ring shopping process.

Have you gotten your ring insured?

1 comment:

Hearing from you all makes my day!